10 Feb 2023
Juliana Brandao has been part of the IT team in Averis for 10 years. Even with minimal experience in the field, she managed to build a career in IT and is still thriving! Read all about her journey with us and how she adapted being in a new country and work environment.
- Can you tell us a bit about yourself and your decision to enter Averis?
I’m from Brazil and I came to Malaysia on a temporary contract basis but was later granted a permanent role. I was approached by Averis when they were looking for a Portuguese speaking personnel to work in the Finance division. I attended the interview but wasn’t expecting to be hired as I didn’t have any Finance experience. However, after the interview I was offered the IT job instead, which for me, was more interesting so I accepted it.
- Do you recall your first day at the job? Can you tell us a bit about it?
I don’t recall much about my first day except that it was quite busy as I didn’t have experience with SAP and had to learn it on the spot.
- What’s your favourite memory in Averis? Do you have any photos to share with us? Tell us more about it!
In Averis, I’m able to experience different cultures since we have people from different countries, ethnicities, and backgrounds which makes it a very interesting working environment for me.
- What motivates you to keep working at Averis?
I have a great team and I love to work with them.
- As a member of the IT department, what is your typical day like?
Usually, my days are pretty busy because not only do we provide support to Basis, we also provide support for SAP security, Kofax as well as Datacentre.
- What is the biggest achievement you have made within these years in Averis?
I just entered my 10th year of being in Averis and that’s a big accomplishment for me, career wise.
- Were there any challenges during your time here so far? And how do you overcome it?
The challenges I faced here are similar to any other company. It’s important to get people to trust you and trust that you know what you’re doing. So, I earned the trust of people around me by being consistent in my job and always delivering.
- Any tips to share with new joiners?
Trust your team members and make sure they trust you.
At Averis, we believe that anyone is capable of soaring and achieving great things. If you want to grow and build a strong career in your field of expertise, send over your updated resume to email@example.com. Interns and fresh grads are welcome to apply!